Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Musings

Well it's 'father's day' which I won't be marking. I am a father and have had a father. But like mother's day five or six weeks ago I find the celebration of both days quite 'corny'. We should respect our mothers and fathers every day of the year. One can argue the second Sunday in May and the third Sunday in June are creations of the greeting card, floral, and chocolate industries.

Had a wonderful experience yesterday. Taking son-in-law from hospital in Saskatoon to home in Regina.

Also am helping our daughter in search for more appropriate accommodation here in town.

So we are in the weekend before the G8/G20. Will see how it unfolds. I heard one person (no idea where) suggest we should do away with in person type leader summits if they have to be so expensive. Also isn't it the case that mosts decisions coming out of these types of things are confirmations of agreements already arrived at?

Electronic communications amongst the G8/G20 leaders would reduce all the concerns about costs.

I am starting a new short term project tomorrow - a search for a part time job.

Also readers of this blog... while I will still be linking this blog to facebook I think I will be changing my business and personal emails one again. My two gmail.com addresses were for transition purposes. I am not a fan of how gmail organizes messages into 'conversations' rather than threads and will be resuiming my traditional email software useage in next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment